Wednesday 9 December 2015

Blogmas Day 9 || Favourite Christmas Movies

Sorry that today's blog post it a bit later than usual, I have had a mega busy day today even though I only had 2 hours of sixth form!  Anyway, today's post is obviously (from the title) about my favourite Christmas movies, so let's get cracking :D

1. Elf


Who doesn't love a bit of humour from a giant elf who ventured into the human world to find his Dad?  I am pretty sure most of you reading this will have watched this movie at least once, but if you haven't you should give yourself a favour and watch it!

2. Home Alone
A Christmas classic that everyone enjoys.  It about a child, Kevin, who gets left behind at home whilst his family goes on holiday for Christmas.  This is possibly my favourite ever Christmas movie, it never gets old even though I watch it every year!

3.  The Nightmare Before Christmas


Tim Burton film's are always amazing.  It does start off Halloween-y but it does get Christmas-y and I absolutely love it!  It is a mixture of two of my favourite 'holidays!' I have the songs stuck in my head for ages afterwards, which must drive my family crazy. Another movie I have to watch at Christmas!

4.  The Grinch


If you don't what The Grinch is, it is based on Dr Seuss' book 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas.'  It is about a green creature who hates Christmas and one year he decided to stop it all together.  Jim Carrey plays The Grinch and is fantastic, as he usually is!


5.  The Snowman & Father Christmas


I know that The Snowman and Father Christmas are two different movies but Raymound Briggs' stories are told really well through the movies and are both seriously amazing. These are on my favourite list because they are a tradition, as we watch them on Christmas Eve night. The Snowman is a silent film, which tells the story of a young boy's snowman coming alive at night.  Father Christmas is slightly different as it does have speaking in, and it makes the movie quite funny!

6. Love Actually
The classic Christmas Rom-Com to watch.  Love Actually shares the stories of nine inter-winded relationships of love at Christmas time.  It is definitely a good one to watch whether you are watching it for the first time or the 58th time!

7. The Holiday
This just a good movie to have on in the background, probably because I have watched so many times I know the story line that much I don't need to focus on it too much any more!  It is another Christmas themed Rom-Com but it isn't too Christmas-y, so if you don't like Christmas movies that much, give this a try.

8. The Muppet Christmas Carol
I love the songs in this! Basically it is just The Muppet's telling the story of Charles Dickens 'A Christmas Carol.'  They added in songs to make it more of a musical and a bit more easy going and light hearted to children, but I have to admit the songs are my favourite part!

Hope everyone had a good day and you enjoyed the post. What are some of your favourite Christmas movies, or do you not like them at all?



Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment