Monday 21 December 2015

Blogmas Day 21 || Last Minute Homemade Christmas Gift Idea


So for today's Blogmas post I will share with you something I have made, which I was inspired from something similar online but I didn't have half the things around the house to be able to make it.  Therefore I decided I would make my own version of it; a Reindeer Glass Jar filled with Chocolate!

You will need
Empty clean glass jar
Black marker pen
Red pompom/cardboard
Plain cardboard
Brown felt-tip
Red ribbion
Bell
Sticky fillers or PVA glue
Scissors 
Chocolate or something to fill the jar with



1.  On the piece of cardboard draw some antlers, you can draw them like mine or as my Dad said, you can draw them going outwards like hands if you get what I mean?


2.  Carefully, using the scissors, cut out the antlers


3.  Using a brown felt-tip, colour them in on both sides as you are going to be able to see both sides of them.


4.  Now moving to the actual glass jar, which is going to end up as the face of the reindeer.  Using the black marker pen draw some eyes on the top third.  I went for the cartoon looking eyes as I cannot draw to save my life.  You could also use bobbly eyes, but we didn't have any lying around our house.


5.  Use a round/oval red piece of cardboard or pompom for the reindeers nose, stick it on with some sticky fillers which are spongy squares that are sticky on both sides (or PVA glue).



6. Below the nose tie a piece of red ribbon around it acting as the collor.  Then if you have one, use another piece of string/ribbon to tie a small bell onto it.  I think this just adds a cute detail to the end product.



7.   Get the coloured in antlers and fold the bottom ends to act as a stand.  Use the sticky fillers or PVA glue to stick it onto the lid of the glass jar.


8.  Fill the Jar with sweets, chocolates, some motivational quotes or kind words and close the lid and you have yourself a Reindeer Christmas Gift to give to a friend or family member!

Hope you liked this idea, it doesn't take that long to make and I think it looks adorable!


Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment