Monday 14 December 2015

Blogmas Day 14 || My Not-So Festive Favourite Christmas Movies

I got the inspiration for this post from my friend Izzy

I cannot believe it is already Blogmas Day 14! That's two weeks of daily blogging, crazy! Anyway, in this post I will share with you my favourite movies to watch at Christmas which aren't Christmas movies.

1. Harry Potter


I always love Harry Potter at any time of the year but I always watch it around Christmas time.  The scenes where it snows and Hogwarts has the Christmas tree up and has all the festive decorations and banquets just makes me feel so Christmas-y.

2. The Bridge to Terabithia 



Bridge to Terabithia is one of my all time favourites! I remember watching it the first time on CBBC when I was younger around Christmas time and for so many years I didn't know what the movie was called, so when I found out I watched it around Christmas every year after.

3. Billy Elliot


Okay, Billy Elliot has got to be in the top 3 of my favourite movies ever .  The story and the message it gets across is something everyone should know.  It tells the story of a young boy, Billy, who just wants to dance but he faces the problems of his father's disapproval and money.  If you haven't watched it give it a go and I dare you to try not to cry at the end!

4.  Mary Poppins
When I was younger, on Boxing Day at my Nan's, she would have Mary Poppins on the TV.  So I have since associated it with the festive time of the year.  I haven't really watched Mary Poppins recently but whenever I do it always seems to around Christmas.

5. Disney Movies


I know Mary Poppins is Disney, but I just feel that Disney movies in general are watched a lot throughout the Christmas season, last year I watched Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan and probably some others!  Obviously I watch them at any point of the year but at Christmas time for me, they are watched a lot more.

I hope you enjoyed this post, have you got any not-so festive Christmas movies you love?


Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment