Sunday 31 January 2016

January Favourites 2016

So it is that time when I share you the things I have been loving this month.  It is a fairly long post since I have been loving loads of things lately!

~ Music ~

I decided to do something slightly different with my music favourites this year.  I am going to share my thoughts on my top favourite music favourites (haha) on this blog and then link my spotify January 2016 playlist and you can see what other songs I have been loving this month.

Covers


I have been watching a lot more covers on YouTube this month.  I always watch Matt DeFreitas whenever he posts a cover which tends to be every week, he also known as Rolluphills and is apart of the band Cahoots.  I absolutely love his covers, and I have been loving his voice since I started watching his covers two years ago!  But this month I have been obsessed with his covers of Love Yourself If I Could Fly and History so I have been replaying them a lot!!  I have also listened to loads of other YouTubers covers such as Austin Jones, Before You Exit, New Hope Club, Hobbie Stuart Paint/Jon and Izzie Naylor.

One Direction // History


One Direction released their latest and last music video before coming back off their hiatus.  History is one of my absolute favourite songs off their album Made in the AM and I am so glad they made a music video for it.  I thought they would do something like a montage for this music video as it is extremely appropriate to look back what they did in the last 5 and half years.  It is definitely an emotional one!

ZAYN // PILLOWTALK


Okay so on Friday Zayn released his debut solo single.  I am not going to lie here, I wasn't expecting to like his music because he has always said he likes and listens to RnB and I don't.  However, Pillow Talk has been on repeat these last few days and I am officially obsessed with it.  The music video is, erm, interesting to say the least but the song is brilliant.  Definitely recommend you listen to it if you haven't already.

Shawn Mendes


I have been listening to him for nearly 2 years and this past month I have particularly been listening to a lot of Shawn's music.  My favourites that I have been listening to are Memories, Strings Live, Act Like You Love Me. 


~ Beauty ~

Kate Moss Matte Lipstick // 107



I have been looking at this Lipstick for ages now, and since Kate Moss Lippies are my favourites and they had an offer on them in Superdrug for £3.99 I couldn't resist not buying it.  It lasts for so long, longer than the normal Kate Moss ones, and the colour is just a beautiful deep berry red.

Rimmel London Brow This Way // Medium Brown


I used to use this in the transparent shade and on the days I wanted a heavier, more filled in brow I would use the soap and glory brow archery but now I bought this, it's all I need! I never got the medium brown before because I wasn't sure if it would be too dramatic for me but it isn't, especially once all my make-up is on.

Revolution // Highlight Palette



I got this from one of my friends for Christmas and when I opened it I was over the moon because I have only been using a light shade of concealer or white eye shadow for highlighter.  The palette has three different colours of highlight and they are all beautiful.

Real Techniques // Bold Metal Essentials


I have already done a review of these here but I just couldn't leave this out of my January favourites.  I use the big fluffy angled brush and highlighter brush the most at the moment, but that's because my eye shadow brush has been used for a dark eye shadow so I don't use it daily.


~ Fashion ~

Topshop // Ripped Jeans


Oh my life these jeans are heaven!  I have gone through so many different black jeans and I was never fully satisfied with them because of their fit; they were either to long in the leg or big around the waist.  So I decided to get some Topshop jeans which everyone goes on about and I definitely see why!

Zara // Soft Red Plaid Shirt


This is the softest shirt there is!  I am not joking you about this one, it is super soft!  And since it was in the sales down to £19.99 I decided to buy it.  I knew I would get loads of wear out of it because everyone knows my love for plaid shirts by now haha.  There was also a green plaid shirt which I also really wanted but I didn't have enough money and went with the red as it suited me more.  It is oversized, which I love, super comfy and very versatile.

H&M // Black Down Coat
This was an absolute steal n the January sales!  The original price was £60 and I had my eye on one of these coats for a while, for the Boxing Day Sales it went down to £30 but I needed to wait for my bank balance to come through to see if I had enough money!  And because I waited till January 1st it went down to £19.99!!  That is £40 off!! I absolutely love this coat, it is very warm and you cannot feel the wind when you where it.

River Island // Black Handbag


I have been needing a new school bag for ages now, and this time I decided to go for a River Island one, even though they are on the pricer side of £47!  However, this bag fits everything I need in, it is definitely bigger than it looks.  I can tell it is going to last longer than till May which is great because then I will use it as a normal handbag.


~ TV Show ~

The Returned
This is a Netflix original TV show, and since I love murder mystery and drama I thought I would give it a go, especially since Gabbie recommended it in early(ish) 2015.  It is about the dead coming back to life, but not like the typical zombified way you would think.

PLL
Pretty Little Liars is back!  If you have read some of my other favourites over the years, you will know that I am a fan, to say the least, of this show.  I have watched the whole thing twice and I am most definitely going to re watch all the episodes and seasons again in the summer!!  Anyway, PLL came back mid January to finish season 6.  The first episode back wasn't the best but after that episode it got back to the good ol' PLL I love!


~ Random ~

Magic Bullet


Thank you Nan and Bompie!!  This was such an amazing Christmas present I was most definitely not expecting at all.  I think my family had gotten sick of me moaning about wanting a magic/nutri bullet for over a year.  I did put it on my Xmas list but I didn't think anyone would buy it me!  I have made loads of types of smoothies, it is great to blend everything together in such a sort amount of time and I seriously recommend it to everyone!

So I cannot believe that is January 2016 done and dusted!  I hope everyone has enjoyed the start of their year and it just gets better as we go through it.

Let me know what you have been loving this month!

Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment