Sunday 30 August 2015

August Favourites

I cannot believeI am writing my August Favoruite post already!  The end of August is bitter sweet for me as it is getting closer to Autumn (and I love Autumn) but it also means that sixth form is just around the corner, which I am dreading.  Anyway, here are my favourites of this month...

MUSIC

My previous post was my top 5 songs at the moment, so I will do a link here as they will be included in my August favourites but I am sure you guys don't want to read it twice, so if you haven't read it heres the link:  Top 5 || Songs Right Now


Jet Black Heart // 5SOS 

This song of theirs is just breath taking.  Michael's solo at the start is just amazing and the song just grabs you within the first couple of beats.  I have also been loving their EP for She's Kinda Hot, my favourite is Lost in Reality!

Halsey

God I love this girl.  Her music sound is different from a lot of music I have heard and listen to.  She has only recently let out her debut album BADLANDS and it is so worth a listen.  She had previously released EP's which includes, probably the most known, Ghost.  My favourite of hers at the moment is New American and Strange Love.


MOVIES

Paper Towns

I read the book Paper Towns by John Green last summer before I knew it would become a movie.  This summer I went to watch it in the cinema with a few friends.  Cara Delevingne portrayed Margo in an amazing way, her American accent wasn't the obvious English trying to do an American accent.  Nat did an amazing job at playing the part of Q and the whole cast did brilliant also.  The movie stuck closely to what the book told us, with a few exceptions.  Overall it is worth a watch, but read the book first.

Harry Potter 

This last weekend, Izzy and I did a Harry Potter movie marathon and it was seriously amazing!  I did one last year, but I hadn't actually watched any of the movies since.  The marathon made me realise, again, how much I love them and made me want to start from the beginning again!



TV SHOWS

Pretty Little Liars

So I have started watching all the Pretty Little Liars episodes from season one again and I am now on season 2, nearly on season 3!  I decided to see what it is like watching from the beginning knowing who A is and having watched it before.  Let's just say it is still just as addictive as the first time round...



RANDOM

Japan

I love Japan!  It is seriously a country everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime.  I have always wanted to go and this summer I got the chance to go and it did not let me down one bit.  The culture, the people and the food are just amazing.  Japan is completely different to England; the people are a lot more polite and friendly, the climate is out of this world hot and humid in late July and early August, the food is something you wouldn't really find in England at all and the culture is so interesting!



Travelling

This links in with the Japan favourite.  Since coming back from Japan I realised I love, and when I mean love I mean more than love, travelling.  I have always been the weird kid that loves car journeys and travelling to places even though I do get travel sickness!  But this month I have definitely had an urge to go anywhere and everywhere, even in the local areas!  I have been on evening walks, bike rides and runs just to see different areas of the local area I haven't seen before!



YOUTUBERS

Izzy Knight

So one of my best friends created a youtube channel nearly 2 years ago now, and to be honest she is always my fave! But her Germany Vlogs she uploaded this month has been amazing.  We have always talked about vlogging things we want to remember but we always always chicken out of it.  But I was so proud that she vlogged in Germany and when I was watching her vlogs and I loved them! You should deffo check her channel out.



So I hope everybody enjoys the last little bit of the holidays left, if you have them.   I only have one week left until my last year of sixth form starts.  Hope you also liked this favourites post, bet you September goes just as fast!



Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment