Tuesday 18 August 2015

Lifestyle || Healthy Breakfasts

So I think I decided, with the help of some of you guys, to not create a new blog for my healthy eating and exercise posts because then it would just be easier for you all to read it rather than having a separate blog for it, making it all confusing. 

So I am going to start off this section of my blog with breakfast. Why? Because not only is the most improtant meal of the day because you have just been fasting whilst sleeping, it is also my favourite meal of the day!  I have many delicious yet healthy recipes/ideas that I eat throughout the week to start my day, so lets get cracking...

Healthy Pancakes
This is my favourite one!  I tend to have this on a Saturday morning because I tend to do a lot of exercise on a Saturday and these pancakes will fuel it.  Sometimes I go for a run then eat the pancakes or eat the pancakes before any exercise.  These pancakes only have 3 ingredients in; 1 banana, 2 eggs and 30g of oats.  That will make around 3-4 fairly large American style pancakes.  (I now use half of that as they are filling!) I am pretty sure you may have seen these recipes floating around the internet, but if you haven't tried them yet, do yourself a favour and make them!  Sometimes I add cinnamon or almond flakes into the mixture to give it something extra but change and adapt the recipe to your preference.

here I topped the pancakes off with a few frozen raspberries :)

Weetabix/Spelt Flakes with Banana
This is my 'go-to breakfast'.  If there is nothing in the house or I am feeling lazy or don't have much time to prepare or cook breakfast I have either a weetabix or some spelt flakes with chopped banana and some skimmed milk as it will fuel me for a fair amount of the day.

Spelt Flakes by Rude Health with chopped banana and
skimmed milk

Weetabix with apple (big change up from the usual
there Georgie!)

Nice Cream
OMG this is seriously amazing!  I have no idea why I haven't seen this recipe around before because not only does it have the same texture and consistency of an ice-cream but it tastes delicious and is quick to make.  All you need is a frozen banana and some fruit.  You could use nutella or coffee instead if you wanted.  I tend to go for raspberries, strawberries or mixed forest fruits.  This can also be used for a snack or a desert.  All you need to do is whiz it up in a food processor. If you added frozen fruits rather than fresh fruit to the frozen banana you may need to add some milk or water to get the fruit to bind together .

Strawberry banana ice cream topped with almond flakes 

 I have some other ideas for breakfast but these are my top 3 at the moment and if you want more or an autumn/winter version then I will probably be able to do one.  I hope this hasn't been too boring for you haha :)

Hope you are all enjoying your summer and getting the most out of it! I will start posting more regularly now I am back from Japan and have settled back into my usual life at home.


Georgie
xx

p.s Izzy I will get round to doing the post you tag me in, sorry for the delay :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment