Saturday 30 May 2015

May Favourites

So, it is coming to the end of May, which is crazy because it feels like yesterday when I was writing my April Favourites and stressing that my exams are starting in less than 2 weeks and now they are over.  This month I have been loving a variety of different items and products so lets get cracking:)

MUSIC

Black Magic // Little Mix
Who else has been waiting for a new Little Mix song?  Who else was not disappointed when they released the audio version of Black Magic last week? This is seriously amazing, it is so catchy and I have not gotten sick of it yet, in fact I don't think I will!  When they uploaded the audio version onto YouTube last week I was playing it none-stop and now they released the music video for it and it is seriously amazing.  I have loved these four girls since XFactor and to see them become more and more popular is just amazing.



The Vamps Live
A friend and I got to see The Vamps in concert again on May 9th and they didn't disappoint one bit.  I flippin' love The Vamps and when I saw them live in October last year I was sure that I had to see them again because they are even better live, in my opinion anyway.  I saw them on their last show so their supports acts pranked them on stage and they got their Dad's up to play drums and guitars.  I think they should really come out with a live album!

this was one of the pranks // The Tide came on stage dressed as ballerina hippos,
The Vamps had no idea what was happening!








Love Me Like You Do // Gabby & Hobbie
I have absolutely no idea why this was not in my April favourites but I have also been loving this cover of Ellie Goulding's song which also incorporates Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud this month as well.  I have been obsessed with it since they uploaded onto YouTube.  I love Hobbie's voice and Gabby's voice is just amazing and their voices complement each other amazingly! I have been waiting for her to upload an actual cover for ages, but it was definitely worth it!



MOVIES

Pitch Perfect 2
When Pitch Perfect came out a couple of years ago I loved it! This time round, I loved it! Pitch Perfect 2 could have gone either way for me, and it went brilliantly in my opinion.  The humour was hilarious and the songs they sung were amazing and the story line throughout the movie was the best bit (since that is the point of a movie...).  Definitely worth a watch!

Into The Woods
I finally got to watch Into The Woods, and I was not disappointed one bit.  I wanted to see it in the cinema but due to exams, revision and lack of time I never really got round to it so when it came out on DVD earlier this month I just had to get it.  If you are a musical lover as well as a lover for fairy-tales such as Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk and Little Red Riding Hood, you will love this movie.  It links the different fairy-tales into one magical story.  



TV SHOWS

Once Upon A Time (OUAT)
OH MY GOSH! Why did I not watch this before? Well, good job I didn't because it would have got in the way of revision for my exams.  I have been eyeing this series on Netflix for a long time now and I wasn't sure whether I would like it or not but I gave it ago and I have finished 2 seasons in just one week! All I can say I am glad I have nothing important to be doing! Like Into The Woods it links loads of fairy-tales into one story but also into the modern world of today.  It is exciting, thrilling and magical so give it a shot if you already haven't.

RANDOM

If I Stay // Gayle Forman
I have had this book waiting to be read for over 6 months now but due to lack of time I never started it because I wanted to give it my full attention.  I wanted to read it from watching the trailer of the movie that came out last year but before watching the actual movie.  I started this book a couple of days ago and I only have less than 50 pages left and that is saying something.  I am quite a slow reader, but even though this book is fairly short it shows how good it is.  It is definitely a page turner, whenever I put the book down I always want to pick it back up and in some cases I do.  It is about a girl, Mia, and her life from the past but linking with the major tragic event the book is based upon.



YOUTUBERS

Lucy Flight
I don't usually put my favourite YouTubers in my monthly favourites but I decided it is about time because they are a big part of my life as are the rest of my favourites.  Lucy is one I have recently found on YouTube whilst procrastinating revising for my AS exams.  I don't know what it is about her but I love her, I have binge watched many of her videos.  She mainly focuses on beauty but also does fashion and vlogs.

Lucy&Lydia
I have been subscribed to Lucy and Lydia for a while now and I have loved them for ages but this month I have been watching more of their videos than I usually do.  Sometimes I find myself scrolling through their videos and clicking on random ones to watch.  They are so bubbly and make me feeling so happy so I think that is why I love them so much:)

I hope everyone had a great May, I know a lot of people have had exams but I hope they went well and the rest of the month was fun!  Seriously cannot believe summer is nearly here!

*me now my exams are finally over*

Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment