Wednesday 17 August 2016

Summer in the City Day 1

I cannot believe I can actually write this blog post.  It has been so many years of saying to Izzy 'we should really go to SitC one year'  (and vice versa) until we finally did it and I am so glad we went when we did.


We decided to get the best experience out of Summer in the City (SITC) we should go for at least the weekend and stop over in a hotel.  As much as creator day sounded fun, we decided against it as we were doing this weekend on a budget!

Speaking of a weekend in London on a budget we decided that we should get the earliest train down to London on the Saturday morning of our first day of SITC.  As much as we would have loved to have made it easier for ourselves and have gone down the afternoon before, we just didn't have the money to spend  on an extra night in a hotel.


I set my alarm for 5am to give myself an hour to sort out everything, double and triple check I have everything and get ready.  Yet the alarm didn't go off and my mum came into my room at 5:30am (still don't know how she was awake) to wake me up. As I only had half an hour to get myself ready I only had time to do the most basic and tragic makeup look, so excuse my face in the photos!

Other than that our journey down to the ExCel Centre was great considering what happened to us on the tube last time when we were both in London to see Shawn Mendes.  We handed our suitcases to our hotel and we finally could go into the ExCel Centre where SITC was being held.

As we walked through the hallway of the Excel and got to the SITC event where everyone was waiting, we bumped into two of Izzy's YouTube friends (who were lovely) whilst we got our wristbands for the weekend.


It wasn't until just after 11am when we got into the actual halls where the event was held but my gosh was it packed full of fun things to do!  Merch stands were everywhere, small stalls with cute artsy bits you could buy, charity stands, open mic stage in an inflatable dome and best of all there were fun fair rides!

Of course the first thing Izzy and I did after looking around was go on a ride.  It was probably the best £2.50 I have ever spent I loved the ride so much!

sorry Victoria was cropped out but this was the only photo I got of the panel
At 12pm we decided to go to the Fashion and Beauty panel, it was such an interesting panel to go and see as they discussed all the different aspects of beauty and fashion and the different spin and view different people and YouTubers have.



After the panel we went to queue, as true British people love, for our first meet and greet which was Carly Rowena.  Carly is such a fantastic YouTuber who deserves so much more recognition than she does.  She does fitness and health videos, personal videos, weekly vlogs (my fave) and her personality comes across throughout her channel which is what I love in a YouTuber.  Izzy and I even got to be in her weekly vlog which will be up on Thursday at 4:30pm so watch out for us!!!


When it was nearly 4pm we decided to queue for the next meet and greet as I wanted to see Matt DeFreitas from RollUpHills on the open mic acoustic stage at 5:15pm so we were on a somewhat tight schedule.

Our next meet and greet was to meet Victoria from Inthefrow and Roxi from Roxxsaurus and they were so so lovely.  We had a quick chat, they signed my phone case and took a selfie.  These girls are very much more on the beauty and fashion side compared to Carly but just as brilliant.

sorry for such an awful photo but it seems to be by only photo...

We legged it over the the open mic stage and just about caught the end of Harry Seaton's performance, a brilliant musician on YouTube.  I have been loving his EP Self Titled the past month or so which I mentioned in my July Favourites.




Next Matt came on stage and I got to be front row to the stage. I have been watching his channel for 2 and a half years now and his covers and original songs always blow me away so I was so happy to see him live.



We also got to meet both Harry and Matt after their performances and they were such lovely guys and so sweet.


Of course we had to watch the YouTube awards where people received their 100,000 or 1 million play button on stage.   Afterwards I finally managed to find Izzie Naylor, a YouTuber who also does covers who I have been watching for the past 2 and a half years and recently she's been vlogging on a newly created channel of her's (also keep eyes out for that one, ya girl may be in it!).  She was the sweetest person and was so nice to have a little chat to.


Izzy and I ended up queuing up to buy some Evan merch as I wanted the phone case he tweeted about earlier that week but we were waiting till he was on his merch stand and he was!

We finished the day watching Bethan, Dodie and Jack & Dean perform on the main stage to end a long and fun packed day.

~~

Well that was day one of SITC, Izzy has literally just put her vlog of the weekend up so you can watch that here if you want.

Hope you guys enjoyed this blog, even though it is extremely long!  Day two should be up by the end of the week.

Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment