Saturday 27 August 2016

My Gap Year Bucketlist


So I am pretty (100%) sure that I have mentioned the fact I am having a gap year on this blog before.  I decided to take my summer holidays as if it was a normal summer holidays after A Levels and my actual gap year to start in September.

This blog post is to remind myself that I need to keep my mind straight and not just waste this year because I may not get the chance to do whatever I want (with the little money I have) for a whole year again.  It will allow me to aim for something when I have no proper structure or schedule for the first time in my life and I am responsible for everything I do.

Therefore I have constructed this list of things I want to do within the next year to ensure I don't to waste it at home doing nothing.

Get a job
I need to get a job to do the activity I want to do the most and have been dreaming of doing for ages now.  I am thinking either a coffee shop/cafe, travel agents, my city's arenas (where concerts and events are held) basically something that I have an interest in really but that's just ideally I literally don't mind anything I just need a job!

Travel


Yeah yeah yeah, everyone travels on their gap year I know but this is what I have been wanting to do for so long, I even want it to be apart of my career when I am older.  I have so many ideas about this that I need to get a job and see what I can afford, for how long and when.

Figure out my university course


Some of you may or may not know the way I am feeling about the degree I have chose to do at uni, at the moment, and through out the past 8-9 months, I am just unsure and think it isn't actual the degree for me.  So I have looked at other courses and I am going to go to the university (which I will be studying at next year) open day to help me.

Apprenticeship or Flight Attendent?
If I don't think university is for me, I am seriously looking into applying to become a flight attendant, or maybe there will be an apprenticeship which I think I would love to do with travel or media.

Be more independent
If I was going to go to univeristy this year I would be moving out and that is what I really want to do, now I'm having a gap year I cannot afford to do that so I want to be more indepenedant in a different way.

Don't be afraid of trying new things


I want to push my boat out a little bit away from my comfort zone, try new things I wouldn't necessarily have and enjoy it!  Take on the opportunities which I am unsure about because it could have turned out to be amazing, but also know my own limit.

Do more of what I love
By this I mean maybe try a course, improve my skills for my favourite hobbies such as photography or make-up and let myself be more creative with ideas.  This will simultaneously let me do more of what I love as well as extending my knowledge of them.

So hopefully this time next year the majority will be done and dusted, if not everything. I want this next year to be the best, I get to shape the year the way it pans out so I have no excuses!

Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment