Sunday 31 July 2016

July Favoruites


I cannot believe another month has already come and gone!  This month was the first month in absolutely ages, over a year, that I could just relax, do what I want and not feel guilty for doing so.  I got to find loads of new things that I love and some old ones.

~ Music ~

Jessarae


Jessarae finally has music on spotify and I couldn't be happier!  After watching him as a support act at a 5sos concert in April earlier this year I have stared listening to his music and of course I ended up at a gig at his this month.  

If you watch Harry Seaton's covers on YouTube you probably know he has released his debut E.P. this month and I have fallen in love with it!  It is so good, I love every song on the EP just as much as each other.  He has uploaded a music video to his song 'Who Cares?' which is the first song on the EP.

Home Alone // Ansel Elgort
I love Ansel, but most of you probably just know him as an actor, probably from TFIOS or the Divergent series, but he has released his first ever single last week called Home Alone.  I love this song so much, I have been using up my data in car journeys to listen to it.  Ansel has finally been added to the UK spotify as an artist and his new single which is brilliant.

~ Beauty ~

Curly Wurly Shampoo and American Cream Conditioner


As I gave do be a whole post on the shampoo I won't ramble too much but I couldn't not mention this duo I use from lush for my hair.  I have fallen in love with lush's hair products the way I did for their bath products!  These are brilliant for those who have dry curly hair which needs a bit of life getting back into their hair.

NYX Liquid Lipstick // London


I have had my eyes on this liquid lipstick for a while now so I decided to finally get it as it is fairly cheap at £5.50, I know NYX liquid lipsticks are brilliant and it was actually in stock at my local boots, which is a rare occasion as loads of people love this shade!  It is just a natural light brown nude which is great for an everyday look!  It lasts a long time and it isn't too drying on your lips either.

Coloured Eyeliner


I am all for this make-up trend of coloured eyeliner!  Therefore I treated myself to a bright blue eyeliner and I am digging it so much - I am definitely going to have to buy some more..sorry bank account! Last summer I used white eyeliner on the waterline and recently I have been doing the same, it just makes your eyes more open and look more 'alive' haha.  I also put white eyeliner in the corners of my eyes, which makes the eye look bigger, instead of white or light eyeshadow as it seems to last longer.

~ Fashion ~

Sunglasses // Boohoo


I needed some new sunglasses so I took to boohoo as I needed next day delivery at a cheap price.  Anyway I love these sunglasses, I love the shaped and the frame as it has cut out parts and it is just that bit different!  I wasn't sure how well the lenses would protect my eyes from the sun as they were only £8 but they've done a bostin job so far haha!


~ Movie ~

The Conjuring & The Conjuring 2
I love a good horror movie.  When I saw the second conjuring was in cinemas I thought I'd get my friends who share my love for horror movies round to watch the first movie and go to see the second in the cinema.  Of course we all love Vera Farmiga who plays Lorraine. If you love a supernatural horror then I definitely recommend these movies.  I think I prefer watching horrors in the cinema, as it is dark, loud, on a massive screen and you get to see others reactions to the jump scares!


The Man in the Iron Mask
I watched this movie mainly because Leonardo DiCaprio was in it, but once I started watching it I rememerbed I watched this movie years ago with my parents and I loved it.  It is based on the French King Louis XIV and an unidentified prisoner who has been in prison with an iron mask moulded onto him for 7 years.


Disney Movies


Myself and my friend had a day dedicated to princess movies!  I have the Disney princesses box set, yes be jealous!  Anyway we watched The Princess and the Frog, Beauty and the Beast and Brave.  It was a brilliant day with brilliant movies.


The Fundamentals of Caring
I saw this on Netflix and had it sitting in my list for a while (I mainly added it because it had Craig Roberts in it, an actor who I loved as a child in one of my favourite TV shows) but I never watched it.  Izzy told me she watched it and she loved it so I thought I may as well since I've wanted to watch it and I'm glad I did.  It's about how a writer is having a career change to a become a carer and he landed a job with a disabled teen.  They end up having a somewhat spontaneous road trip which has its ups and downs. 


~ TV ~

Teen Wolf
So I would never have thought I would actually enjoy TW but turns out I do!  The first 2 seasons came out on Netflix and my friend has been bugging me to watch the series for ages now so I had no excuse!  I don't know what it is about the series but it gets you addicted, I suppose you get attached to the characters.

Jane the Virgin
OMG I need more of this TV Show in my life!  It is definitely not what I usually go for but I needed something different.  It's a more light hearted romantic comedy drama show about a pregnant virgin and how her life has turned upside down!

Breaking Bad
Why have I not watched this until now?  I know I am extremely late on the band wagon for this one but I just need to express my love for this show.  If you don't know what it's about, it's about a husband/father, Walt, who has been diagnosed with lung cancer.  As having cancer would cost the family a lot of money and would leave them in debt Walt decided he didn't want that to happen and decided to get into the drug industry to get the money to pay for the therapies and medication.

Scream
This is a Netflix original, based on the slasher films and of course the horror movie Scream.  Season 2 started at the beginning of my exams so I decided to wait until I finished, re-watch season 1 and then catch up.  I forgot how much I love this series, it has a lot of blood and gore in it so beware!  


~ Random ~

Sunsets



I have always loved sunsets and sunrises.  I will take a photo, whether that's on my phone or on my dslr, of the sunset/rise if I see one.  I have tones of photos on my laptop just of sunsets and sunrises, I just fine them so beautiful!  This month myself and a couple of friends have gone out in the evenings on walks in order to fine sunsets but of course when you go to look for it, it never works but these evenings hold great memories, just not so great sunset photos.

Photography




Since I have finished sixth form and had the whole of July off dong whatever I wanted, I got the chance to actually use my DSLR, which I got for my birthday, more regularly.  Photography has definitely been a major aspect of my month and I've been loving it!

I hope everyone had a great July as well, let me know what you loved about this month!  Sorry this favourites post was so long!

Happy August everyone!

Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment