Saturday 23 July 2016

Jessarae Gig


On Tuesday 19th July Nat and I went into town to go to the Jessarae gig, we had standing tickets so we had plans to get there early-ish and try get front row but as Tuesday was 31 degrees centigrade we decided to go in just before the gig starts and just do a load of dancing at the back because we couldn't bare the thought of sitting outside in the blazing heat.

Jessarae has recently been officially put onto spotify with a few songs including Nobody's Human (my favourite) and Milk & Honey and has an E.P. recently released with the main single being Nobody's Human.  His YouTube channel has more songs he has uploaded including No Warning.

Anyway, naturally I totally forgot to bring my ticket with me and I didn't notice until we got onto the train...round of applause for me please! Luckily my Dad brought the ticket at the next station I could get off at.  However, from delayed trains, me forgetting my ticket and not knowing exactly where the venue was we got there a little late (from the time that it said the concert starts on the ticket - 7pm).

However, the support act (who were absolutely amazing btw!) didn't come on until 8pm so it was all fine.  Because Nat and I had never gone to a gig or concert at this venue before we were actually surprised at how small it was, but I prefer smaller gigs anyway as I feel they have more of a specific atmosphere and are more 'intimate' to say.  Everyone was standing and considering how late we were, we still had a pretty good view and we were still pretty close.

Like I said earlier the support act, Blanco White, were amazing, they were a male duo and the singer's voice was just beautiful!


When Jessarae came on I couldn't wait to hear the songs he were going to sing.  Not forgetting to mention his band who were also amazing. The night was fantastic and I totally recommend you to listen to some of his/their stuff.



 

   
 




  



The photos were all taken on an iphone so sorry about the bad quality.

 So that concludes yet another concert/gig blog post!  Believe me, I have more coming later in the year as well!!

I hope everyone's summer is going great!

Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment