Sunday 10 August 2014

Recipe || Gingerbread Biscuits

Hello:)

Last year, when myself and one of my friends had a practical to do in our Home Economics class my friend decided to make these really delicious gingerbread biscuits.  I loved them so much that she gave me the recipe. So I decided to make them to take round to my relatives house, so here it is:

INGREDIENTS

350g plain flour
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
4 teaspoons of ground ginger
175g light brown sugar
4 tablespoons of golden syrup
1 egg

EQUIPMENT

Large bowl
Wooden Spoon
Grease Proof Paper
Baking Tray(s)
Teaspoon
Tablespoon
Rolling Pin

Step 1
Turn your oven onto 190C/Gas 5 and place grease proof paper on the tray(s).

Step 2
Put the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger into a large mixing bowl and rub in the butter so it looks like breadcrumbs.




Step 3
Add the sugar, golden syrup and the egg. Keep mixing the mixture until it turns into a dough consistency , don't give up because it may not look like it's going to turn into a dough but it will.




Step 4
Cover your work surface in flour and start to roll the dough out till it's about 5mm thick.


Step 5
Cut out the dough in any shapes you want (I chose hearts). Place them onto the greased baking trays and place in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.




Step 6
Once they're cooked take them out of the oven and allow them to cool down, and then enjoy!
It made more than I excepted it would....


DISCLAIMER: This is NOT my own recipe but my friend gave it to me so I do not know where she found it but I did change some steps that I found worked better when I made them :)

This recipe did say it was meant to make 20 biscuits but I ended up with 50 (exactly)....

Hope you liked this post, thank you for reading and if you make them hope you enjoy them:)

Georgie
x


No comments:

Post a Comment