Thursday 7 August 2014

July Favourites

Hello:)

Since it's the start of August, I'm going to share what I have been loving the past month in July. So lets get started.

#1 NETFLIX

After months and months and months of my brother and I begging my parents for Netflix one evening my brother cracked them when I was actually outside celebrating one of my friends birthdays. I just love it, like pretty much everyone else in the world. I've probably watched too much of it anyway. I've started watching Prison Break, American Horror Story and will be starting Suits on the TV series front and many many movies. My favourite movies that I have watched on Netflix have been Peter Pan, White Chicks, The Switch and I found SuperSize Me was interesting as well.


#2 RIPPED SKINNY JEANS

I've been loving knee ripped skinny jeans, especially the black ones.  Unfortunately I haven't got my hands on a pair yet but I used my normal skinny jeans and put knee rips in them.  I might make a blog post to how I did this.  But they are another of my favourite clothing item for a while and especially last month.



#3 TRAVELLING

Okay, for the past two weeks I have been travelling from the UK all the way to Venice, by our motorhome and ferry.  Most people seem to hate travelling for long journeys but I love it. I love looking at the different sceneries we travel through, listening to music, and if I have had my travel pills (I get travel sickness-_-) I read my book. I took quite a few photos when I was travelling as well.


The Alps


#4 MUSIC, DUH!

I always, always love music.  But this last month I have been listening to Ed Sheeran's amazing new album X, 5 Seconds of Summer Album (finally!) and I have also been loving My Happy Little Pill by Troye Sivan from his EP called TRXYE.

5SOS - 5 Seconds of Summer & Ed - X



#5 PLL - Pretty Little Liars

Who isn't addicted to Pretty Little Liars? I finally catch up to date with the seasons as I started to watch them a couple of months back. Everyone now knows about my obsession with it; my mum, dad, brother, friends, and I have got one of my friends addicted too...oops, but at least now I will have someone to talk to about it.  Not many people at school watched it as it isn't shown on TV in the UK anymore so you have to search the internet.  I found pollystreaming.com was good but now I am up to date they don't uploaded that quickly so I use Watch Series, click on the episode I am on and it comes up with a lot of places you can watch it,I usually use the second one.

#6 CHUNKY CUTOUT SANDALS

Okay, these maybe a shoe where you love it or hate it, for me I love them. I wear them barefooted with either leggings or shorts with a plaid shirt and a plain top. They are comfy and don't over heat your feet. Another good thing about them is the heel is so wide and not that high, it doesn't really affect me (and it makes me feel tall as I am quite short).



#7 PLAID/CHECKERED PATTERNS

I have absolutely loved the plaid and checkered patterns on clothing for a long time. In Autumn time 2013 I was always wearing a checkered skirt or a checkered scarf.  Now, this summer, I am loving the checkered shirts, either to tie around my waist or to wear opened with a black vest/top if it's a bit on the chilly side (which it tends to be in the UK).


And this is how I would usually wear a checkered shirt in the summer:)



#8 FANGIRL BY RAINBOW ROWELL

Lately, I have been reading a lot & in July I was reading 'Fangirl' on my holidays.  I love this book so much I read it in just under 2 weeks (460 pages) which is fast for me. It's about a fangirl named Cath going to University and being separated (sort of) from her twin sister, Wren. Cath is more of a 'stay-at-home-and-read-fanfiction' type of girl and she and Wren used to do everything together; so she finds it hard. I just can relate to it myself and see quite a bit of Cath in me. I don't want to give too much away because it is a very good book, and a easy read.  I loved it so much I looked on WattPad for some fanfictions of the book to read to keep the characters alive and I am going to be buying 'Eleanor & Park' which is another book Rainbow Rowell has written.


#9 MOVIE - TFIOS

I have read The Fault In Our Stars by John Green way before the movie & I have been so excited for this movie to come out, it probably drove my family and friends crazy.  I honestly think you should read the book before the movie but I went a couple of times with my friends who haven't actually read the book & one of my friends has decided to read the book and she is NOT a big reader so if you haven't read the book yet go read it now please:) But the movie was incredible, and I am glad they didn't change anything from the book.  If you haven't watched it and you don't know what to expect please just take tissues because you will need them.  But the story and characters are things that pulled me into loving the book and the film.

Hope you had a good July

Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment