Sunday 17 April 2016

Review || Halsey Mac Lipstick



First Thoughts
When I heard about Halsey releasing her limited Mac lipstick I knew it wouldn't be a typical lipstick colour!  When I saw it was a slate blue grey colour I thought it was so cool!  I wasn't sure if it would suit me but because I love Halsey and it is a limited edition I thought why not and I would treat myself.  The consistency and appliance is amazing, but I am just unsure whether it actually suits me.


Application
If you own any Mac lipsticks you will know the formula is amazing and so easy to apply.  The only problem with this particular lipstick is the colour of it.  You need to be pretty precise with a slate grey blue lipstick and I don't own any lip liner in this colour to help me.  Other than that it is just as good as any other Mac lipstick.

How long it lasts
It is like any other matte mac lipsticks; it lasts for hours!  I tested at home first because I didn't want to wear it out without knowing when I should top it up.  It seems to last a good 4 hours plus, that's including drinking and eating which I thought was pretty good!

How to style it
I would style it with a basic simple face, just something natural as the statement of the make up will be the lip product obviously!  But if I was going 'out out' I would probably have a cool toned smokey eye to complement the cool tone of the lips.

Price
£15.50

Extra Thoughts...
The lipstick is not drying which is what I hate in some matte lipsticks!  I always moisturise my lips and use a scrub to make sure the lipstick doesn't look or isn't too drying on them; even after a couple of hours the lipstick wasn't patchy, tight or drying on the lips.

Recommend
If you're brave enough, definitely!


Hope everyone has had a good week!  I saw 5SOS live on Thursday but I forgot to take my camera and my phone photos weren't that brilliant so I couldn't do a post like I planned, but I am seeing Troye Sivan next weekend so hopefully I'll get enough photos for a post!

Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment