Monday 7 September 2015

Review #3 || The Body Shop Coconut Oil

I think everyone knows of The BodyShop right?  If not, it is a beauty, bath and body/skincare shop which uses natural products which are 100% vegetarian.  It is passionate about sustainability, protecting the planet and trading fairly.  

This coconut oil is a community fair trade organic product.  It is in a solid form, which when is rubbed on your fingertips turns into a balm to apply onto your hair.  It smoothens, conditions and adds shine to your hair.  You can use this product on dry hair and that's what made me order it!




First Thoughts
I was excited to try this and couldn't wait to get it in the post.  The first time I used this product in my hair I wasn't 100% sure what to think, but I also knew I loved it, if that makes sense...!  I did grow to love it the more I used it!

Applying It
It was fairly easy to apply.  You just had to be careful not to apply too much of it otherwise it can make your hair look greasy.  Just use your fingertips by rubbing them into the coconut oil and on your fingers till it's a balm.  Smoothen it into the ends or where you want it of your hair and wa-la you are done.

Does it Work?
Yes!  It definitely does, I mean it isn't a miracle worker and doesn't make my hair completely silky looking, but nothing I have yet used does.  But this product works for me when I have frizzy bits sticking out when I put it in plaits or tie it up or when my hair needs to be smoothened down a little and I have frizzy dry ends. 

Price
£5.50 BARGIN!  Especially for the BodyShop and how much you get.  You don't need much at all to get a smooth shine look, so it'll last me a good amount of time.

Recommendation
I would definietly recommend this product to anyone that has frizzy hair and you want to smoothen out and add a little shine to it.


Well, I hope you have enjoyed this review, I am hoping to do more of them now as I really like writing about products I have used and giving recommendations!

Today was the first day back at sixth form for me, goodbye social life and hello studying and stressing 24/7!


Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment