Thursday 16 July 2015

A Levels || A Year Done

So I finished my first year of A Levels.  What can I say? It was tough. Very tough. When people say it is a massive step from GCSE I thought I built myself up for it being hard but geez, I was no where near the emotional or physical stage to start in September 2014.




The whole point of these posts on A Levels is not to soften them for year 11's or 10's thinking about doing A Levels and give advice, tips and antics about what I went through.  They are meant to be something that I would have liked to read when I was a couple of years younger.  I am not saying my experience will be everyone's experience, it will differ from person to person, subject to subject and from each sixth form or college.

I can say though, it was probably the fastest year of my education that has ever been.  It feels like last month I was nervous about starting my A Levels at the SAME school as I did my GCSE's {so I don't know why I was so nervous!} but that was nearly one year ago!

The year came with some amazing friends that I made who I will hopefully stay in touch with for the rest of my life.  It taught me to be stronger, emotionally, mentally and physically.  I have gained confidence, not massive's but a little more, and realised what my strengths are.

btw I do have other friends than Izzy but I don't know whether
they would want their face on my blog...
A Levels are hard.  But I have picked up many ideas of what could come next, but it also gave me more control of what I could make of my life next.  Yes, this year has probably been my most stressful and emotionally draining but I have also had a brilliant time with friends and the more freedom we have as year 12's.

In Year 12 people start learning to drive, I started learning in March {wow that's weird to type!} so we all start to get that little bit more independent than when we were in Year 11 at GCSE.  It's completely different to being in secondary education, only having to study four subjects of your choice is another bonus, make sure you choose the subjects you want to do, not what would look 'good' or what your friends are doing etc.

Overall, I think this year was my worst yet favourite educational year of my life.  It was my worst because of the stress, emotional drain, the pressure, the no social life and feeling guilty for doing anything but revision, homework or extra research.  But it was my favourite because of the brilliant memories I made, new friends I found, learning about subjects I actually like and the free periods I got!  So do not be put off A Levels if you are wanting and willing to do them and put the effort in.  It will be worth it. 

Hope you all enjoyed this post and gave you a slight insight of my first A Level year.  Any questions comment them below & I'll try my best to answer them! 

I hope you all had a good day and your summer holidays {if you have them} are amazing and make sure you relax.



Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment