Sunday 11 October 2015

Top 5 || Things About Autumn

If you know me, then you will know that autumn and winter are my favourite times of the year.  Yeah, everyone  seems to love summer but I hate being over heated, especially sitting in a stuffy classroom trying to learn and in a hall trying to complete an exam.  

I know autumn started a couple of weeks ago but due to sixth form and needing to apply to universities I haven't had much time to blog.  Anyway I will list my top 5 things about autumn and stop rambling now!

1. The weather



Okay, I may be one of the few people who love the autumn weather!  But who doesn't love to cosy up when it is freezing outside with the fire on and a hot drink, or wear layers of clothes to go for a walk?  Most people, I know, don't like the autumn weather because it can be really rainy, foggy and damp but there is something about that I love!  At the start it isn't too hot and it isn't too cold either and you can have clear skies but it still be cool.

2. Fashion

most most colourful part of my wardobe :)

I so much prefer the autumn and winter fashion than the summer and spring.  I tend to always wear darker colours anyway so this time of the year I fit in more haha.  But the knitwear comes out, the coats go on and colours such as black (for me this is pretty much my wardrobe!), oranges, rusty colours, deep purples, dark reds all make an appearance.  I love them all because the colours are so warm yet the weather is just the opposite.  

3.  Colours!!





Okay, so the other day I looked outside one of my geography class's windows and saw so much colour it was unbelievable.  Most people just think grey and bare trees when it comes to but the oranges and reds of the leaves on the trees against the greyish sky was just beautiful.  I also love it when the leaves fall on the pavement!

4. Halloween



I'm not going to lie to you, I only recently, in the past 4 years, started to love Halloween.  Mainly because I never really celebrated it other than carving a pumpkin as my parents weren't too kind on it.  But one year I went trick or treating with friends dressed as a zombie school girl and I loved it.  The area was full of fancy dressed people and the atmosphere was brilliant!  Now I love Halloween for the horror side more.  I was never much of a horror fan but I have grown to love it so much! 

5.  Bonfire Night



Every year I usually go to my auntie's house to have bonfire night.  Everyone goes for the fireworks, sparklers and the chilli my Bompie makes.  My uncle, when we were younger, use to supervise us when we did "apple bobbing with a twist" as he always added £1 coins in, which is what everyone went for, not the apples!  But I have just found out we aren't doing it this year so I will probably go to an organised event because, damn I love fireworks!

Hope you enjoyed this post, what's your favourite things about autumn because I have probably left something out!?  Now university open days have near enough came to an end, I will be posting a lot more.



Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment