Sunday 1 March 2015

February Favourites

I have a feeling this is going to be a long post because I have had a lot of favourites in February:)

MUSIC
All Time Low - Something Gotta Give
When this song came out I insistently fell in love with it and replayed it for ages.  ATL is one of my favourite bands and I seriously can't wait for their new album coming out in April.  The music video is amazing as well.  If you haven't heard it yet, you are missing out.

I have got to admit that Shawn is one of my guilty pleasures {I hate using that phrase but I couldn't think of another way to put it).  I first watched him on vine, when I used to watch vines, and I really liked him so I subscribed to his YouTube channel.  When he realised the song Show You I loved it and when he uploaded the audio to A Little Too Much onto YouTube I feel in love with it and felt the song is probably relatable for pretty much everyone no matter what events are happening in your life.

McBusted
I have been listening to McBusted's album on Spotify but finally I got the CD for my birthday from my Nan.  I've seriously been listening it everywhere and anywhere.  On the journey down to London , around London, during revision, when I'm relaxing, basically I just love it so much.  I couldn't say I have a top song because I love all of them.



Fall Out Boy
FOB is another one of my favourite bands and their new album American Beauty/American Psycho is another Album I have been listening on Spotify since it's been out so I couldn't just missed it out.  One of my favourites is Immortals, which is also in the Big Hero 6 movie and I also love The Kids Aren't Alright and Novocaine.

Acceptance 
I am holding all blame for this band that I have not stopped listening to from 19th February to the one and only Michael Clifford.  He tweeted a screenshot of his Spofity with a song "In Too Far" by Acceptance saying everyone should listen to the band.  I went to Spotify and listened to the album he was playing "Phantom" and I was hooked.  I played the album throughout the whole whilst revising and the next and the next...They are a fairly old band since they've been going since 1998 and the latest album was out in 2005 but I got a hint from Michael they are bringing new stuff out which I cannot wait to hear.  One of my favourite songs is So Contagious. So basically Michael has got me to like yet another band....

MOVIES
Big Hero 6
I went to see this Disney movie on 7th February with my old secondary school group for my birthday.  Myself and most of my other friend who came along new that Dan and Phil (YouTubers) were playing Technician 1 and Technician 2.  Anyway, I was blown away by Dan's and Phil's 45 second performance and I did really love the film more than I thought I would.

Little Mermaid
Okay so I went 17 years without watching the Little Mermaid but I played the Play Station game with one of my best friend at "After School Club" when I was younger and I know all the lyrics to most of the songs.  I guess when my Mum was showing me all the Disney movies she didn't realise that Little Mermaid was a MAJOR one.  And so, I asked for it for my birthday and my Auntie bought it for me and I watched it on my birthday after sixth form for the first time.  I have got to say I really did love it, a lot!




FASHION
Denim Jacket
I haven't exactly got a winter coat which I am in love with this year but I am in love with this denim jacket.  I have been wanting one of these for ages, especially a slightly oversized one which goes down further than my waist.  I love the ripped and tattered detail it has and the colour of the denim is just right. I tend to wear it with leggings but sometimes I wear it with a skirt, which also looks cute.

Black Rucksack
I first got this at the end of September but I hadn't used it all that much, but when I was in London I used it for my handbag as I had to put more in it than what could fit in my smaller bag.  I love the detail of a slight checkered pattern but it isn't absolutely obvious as it is black.  It is just the right size for a day bag or just an normal handbag.



BEAUTY
No Make-up Make-up Look
Recently, I have been wearing not that make-up as I am loving it.  I like that is it just a natural look, which isn't too over the top.  I tend to wear concealer, foundation, stay matte powder, some mascara and lip balm.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
I picked this up on an impulse buy because I knew it was new and I had heard that it was good so I thought why not?  It is amazing mascara for volume and length and doesn't really clump your eyelashes either.



TV SHOWS
Dance Academy
Another guilty pleasure of mine is this Australian {pre}teen drama on Netlfix about a group of friends who attend a dance academy surprisingly!  I don't know what it is about it but I am addicted and once I watch one episode I have to keep going until I am about to fall asleep!  I have stopped half way through season 2 out of 3 because of my mock revision but believe me when they are over you won't see me for days and not because I will be revising for my real exams...

Pretty Little Liars
THANK YOU NETFLIX!!  Finally Netflix got the picture and put Pretty Little Lairs on, I found out about this in the Christmas holidays as a friend told me.  It meant I could finally watch PLL when each episode comes out the day after it was aired in America.  This set of episodes are seriously amazing, I can't honestly tell you how much I love it but if you aren't watching it, go do yourself a favour and binge watch the first couple of episodes because it gets a lot better after them!  I have even got some of my friends addicted:)

RANDOM
Baths
At the moment, it is an extremely busy time of the year; mock exams, real exams in 2 months, revision, homework, sixth form etc and it stresses me out far too much to say the least.  The most relaxing thing I find is to have a bath in dim lighting with candles and play music and maybe scroll through social media or read.  I use Lush bath bombs and bubble bars and the scent are amazing.  Having a bath seriously relaxes me so I try my best to have one every week but the past couple of weeks I just haven't found the time! But they are my favourite thing to do at the moment.

unicorn bubble bar | Lush

Healthy Food/Whole Foods {the shop!}
Okay, so my friends would probably say to you that I try my best to be healthy and for Lent I have given up chocolate and sweets again, I have done it for the last 2 years so I can do it for the third time.  I am not doing for the religious aspect of it as I am not Christian but I am doing it as I feel a lot better not having junk food and I always try not to eat unhealthily but usually at Sixth Form where everyone is eating chocolate it gets the better of me!  However, I tend to always stick to my guts when I give it up for Lent so that's why I started it for Lent and hopefully it will go on longer for 40 days and 40 nights:) Oh and WholeFoods is my next new favourite place, we visited it in London as many YouTubers rave about it and I picked up some really nice products:)

Hope you have all had a good month and March will be even better!  But I should probably go back to revising for my mocks:(



Georgie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment